The Atlanta Food & Lifestyle Bloggers' Society
What are the benefits to joining the Atlanta?
- Opportunities to network and connect with reputable Atlanta area food bloggers;
- Invitations to members-only events;
- Blog promotion via the AFLBS website and all social media accounts;
- Exclusive opportunities to partner with Atlanta food, fashion, travel, and/or lifestyle brands and companies;
- Access to the AFLBS members-only Facebook group designed to allow AFLBS Members to share ideas, learn and connect; and,
- Periodic newsletter updates with event announcements, education sessions, media credentialing and more.
We have a few guidelines for membership, listed below. Please make sure to read them carefully, as all applicants must meet each criterion for acceptance.
- Must live in the Atlanta Metro area.
- Your food, fashion, travel, and/or lifestyle related blog must be 6 months old and be relevant to Atlanta area readers*.
- You must post a minimum of 2 food, fashion, travel, and/or lifestyle related posts per month (over a 6-month period) – Please Note: Content aggregator and review sites such as Urbanspoon, Yelp or Facebook pages do not qualify as blogs and thus do not qualify for Society membership. Additionally, personal sales pitches and posts advertising your content do not count toward your 2-posts minimum.
- You must read and agree to adhere to our Integrity and Disclosure Policy. (Members in violation of the Integrity and Disclosure policies will be subject to review and possible removal from AFLBS).
- You must display the Society logo prominently on your blog site (no exceptions). Displaying the badge asserts that you have agreed to meet our membership rules and that the trust of the Atlanta food community as well as fellow Society members is important.
Note: New Logo Is Coming Soon!
- You must write a blog post for any brand sponsored/hosted event attended as a representative of the Society within 14 days of the event.
- Only one member (in good standing) per blog will be allowed to attend any brand sponsored/hosted event as a representative of the Society unless otherwise disclosed in the invitation.
- Blog posts that are the result of sponsorship, free media events, product reviews, and other company partnerships count toward the minimum 2-post requirement, however, all such posts must clearly disclose any affiliation, free product, or possible bias, as outlined by the FTC Endorsement Guides.
- Members agree to pay a non-refundable $40 annual membership dues renewable on September 1st of each year.
- Opportunities offered to AFLBS members including but not limited to tickets promo codes, and exclusive offers are intended for use by the AFLBS members only. Sharing these opportunities with non-members is strictly forbidden.
- Failure to comply with rules stated above may result in the revocation of AFLBS membership.
*We reserve the right to grant or deny membership to any applicant based on merit as determined by the Membership Committee.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply for membership. Please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. We look forward to working with you.